Written by Gregory Cazillo in the category Photography Thursday June 21st, 2012
Watch How to Choose Your Next DSLR Camera on YouTube
This is my 100th video!
Choosing your DSLR camera is a very personal choice. I go over the finer points of why you should choose one camera vs another. There is a Nikon Rant in the middle of this so feel free to skip that part if you must. If you are thinking about buying a new camera, lens, accessory or anything from Amazon.com please use the search box on the right side of this page, you will pay the same amount and help support new weekly videos and more content in the future.Nikon Legacy by Cazillo, on Flickr
- Price/budget. Figure out what you can spend for bodies, lenses, strobes, etc
- Have you outgrown your current body? What doesn’t it do?
- Many people forget about AF performance, build quality metering accuracy when comparing cameras. Pro cameras are pro for a reason
- How does it feel in your hands?
- Do the controls make sense to you? I totally don’t understand the Canon wheel.
- Private sale will often get you higher prices or save you money if you want to buy used
- Accessories are easier to come by for Nikon or Canon, aftermarket ones are less expensive