Written by Gregory Cazillo in the category Keep Shooting! Mondays Monday February 11th, 2013
This week's video is jam packed with #Cazillion questions! Shooting to the right, AE-Lock and AF-Lock, better portraits & more!
Watch Shoot to the Right, AE-L & AF-L & Creating More Lively Portraits - Keep Shooting! Monday on YouTube
I have a bunch of topics today all which are important to your photography success.
- Shooting to the right, check out my histogram video http://cazillo.com/histogram
- AE-L and AF-L usage, Read more on AF http://cazillo.com/autofocus & http://cazillo.com/backlighting
- Is my gear good enough to shoot a wedding?
- How to make your portraits more lively?
- What flash should I buy as my first one?
- Should I shoot JPEG or RAW? http://cazillo.com/workflow
- How and when should I format memory cards when using them with my DSLR? http://cazillo.com/workflow
Finally I go over the Depth of Field calculator from DOFMaster.com. I have never been a fan of these types of websites that appear to give hard and fast rules for your photography. Yes I feel many of my rules should always be followed, but you can almost always find a reason to break a photography rule when being creative. I test the numbers in their scale with a D7000 and D3s body, same lens, same settings and the depth of field is the same instead of .14 feet more in the FX body. You can download the photos from flickr and see for yourself. Keep Shooting!