Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: RAW processing to match DSLR Preview

RAW processing to match DSLR Preview 3 years 9 months ago #3301

• Gabe
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
New to the forums so I hope this is in the right place. Cant seem to find the answer to my question anywhere so Im hoping someone can help. How can I process my RAW images to match the LCD on my DLSR? The preview image on my D3200 appears to have great colors, skin tones, contrast, etc but I cant seem to achieve the same effect when processing in Lightroom 4.

I understand every image/process will be different, but there has to be some way to get the image somewhat close to what I saw when shooting. Appreciate the help in advance and looking forward to some answers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RAW processing to match DSLR Preview 3 years 9 months ago #3306

• Mistery
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
The best way would be to shoot RAW and JPEG together, that way you'll be able play with the controls in LR to get what the JPEG image looks like. If you can use the same settings three times in a row I would than create a preset and it'll be done automatically.

That is the best that I can offer.
D800 w/grip, D700 w/grip,V1,14-24mm F/2.8, 24-70mm F/2.8, 70-200mm F/2.8, 200-400mm F/4, 105mm,F/2.8,35mm F/1.4,35mm F/1.8, 85mm F/1.4,1.7x Tele
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gabe
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

RAW processing to match DSLR Preview 3 years 9 months ago #3307

• Gabe
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Thanks Keith. Cant believe I didnt think of that before.
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Gabe.

RAW processing to match DSLR Preview 3 years 7 months ago #3820

• Tim Shrimpton
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
You can also select the profiles from the camera (or a rough approximation thereof) under camera calibration (bottom item in the develop module). They have version of all the standard ones (Standard, Neutral, Portrait, Vivid, etc.) I think Nikon's View NX software is exact to the camera's native JPG setting, but the Adobe ones are close enough for me to start with.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't realize this topic was more than 2 months old!
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Tim Shrimpton.