Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Importing In Lightroom

Importing In Lightroom 4 years 11 months ago #284

Does anyone have any clue why while Importing into Lightroom it drops my exposure at least 1-2 stops?

This was a problem back when I first upgraded to version 3 and went away after the first update Now with 3.6 its doing it worse.

I've checked the the Lightroom Forums but that's about as much help as scratching your back with a boxing glove.

I have no presets for Import, I even uninstalled then reinstalled still no luck. Here is a screen capture showing the picture Raw out of the camera on windows view on the right on the left is what Lightroom does just on the import no editing.

Hopefully someone knows what I'm going through,
Thank You Very Much in Advance

Comparison1.jpg
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Importing In Lightroom 4 years 11 months ago #291

What happens when you reset the develop settings? You can do that in the develop tab. Jpeg or RAW?

Is it happening to all photos? Try another photo that was taken during daylight to see what happens, maybe even another camera.
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

Re: Importing In Lightroom 4 years 11 months ago #298

Shooting Raw and it happens to all pictures, they load on import fine then you can see them all getting darker 1 by 1 down the list in Library mode.

It's pretty strange happens to light and dark pictures, This just started happening again after updating to version 3.6
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Jim Ferreira.

Re: Importing In Lightroom 4 years 11 months ago #300

• Paul Stewart
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
From what I have read, the nicer preview pic is the JPG preview that your camera applies to it. Then you are left with the RAW photo after it processes the raw file for viewing.
I'm a Canon 5D shooter.

Re: Importing In Lightroom 4 years 11 months ago #301

Paul Stewart wrote:
From what I have read, the nicer preview pic is the JPG preview that your camera applies to it. Then you are left with the RAW photo after it processes the raw file for viewing.

What Paul said is correct, LR does process a new preview of the image. It looks like your photo was underexposed in the first place unfortunately. As I mentioned does this affect photos taken in daylight or well exposed images?
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Gregory Cazillo.