Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Accidentally deleted master files in Lightroom

Accidentally deleted master files in Lightroom 3 years 1 month ago #5234

• stephen
  • Fresh Boarder
In the process of editing wedding photos in Lightroom - I somehow managed to delete my master files (in Lightroom) after editing around 200 photos. Lightroom will not allow me to export the edited photos without master files. I have backup files - Is there a way to re-instate the master files so I don't have to re-edit all my photos?

Thank You!

-Stephen B.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Accidentally deleted master files in Lightroom 3 years 1 month ago #5235

You should be able to undelete the files from your recycle bin (pc) or trash can (mac). Once you restore the images the edits should still be there since that data is stored in the db not the raw file.
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

Accidentally deleted master files in Lightroom 3 years 1 month ago #5237

• jerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 31
You should beable to take those backup files and relink them. There is recovery software out there that will recover deleted files.

I'm not a lightroom user, but does lightroom itself and a trash bin? If so, you mite beable to pull it back out of there.

Accidentally deleted master files in Lightroom 3 years 1 month ago #5240

As long as the drive the images are stored on supports trash/recycle bin then they should be easily recoverable without additional software.