Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments (04 Feb 2013)

Be sure to check out the new Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments, every two weeks there is a new one!

cazillo.com/c/forum/keep-shooting-photography-assignments.html

I am confused as heck!!!!

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #6051 by jerry
Perhaps someone can help me or explain why this is happening, I am new to lightroom.

I was messing around with importing images from a single folder, these images were taken from different years and days...etc. Lightroom as imported them into separate folders by the year they were taken. I do not want that, I want to beable to import all images into 1 folder or should i say library. How do I do this?

Thanks

Now I am not happy. I just went to delete those images from lightroom to re-import them and trying new...aaaaaand. my photos are no longer in the orginal folder...I must ask...what the h...e...double hockey sticks is going on????? How do I get these back or can't I??????
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by jerry.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #6053 by Julie Anne Moore
Import has two setting: move or copy. Sounds like when you imported the photos they where moved into lightroom. I believe you can only get them back if you did not empty your trash.

Check in the trash folder and the folders that lightroom created to import the photo into.

Pickup your Photography Tshirt today
More
2 years 7 months ago #6055 by Jim St Croix
Hi Jerry,
Here's a link from lightroom with videos from Julieanne Kost. A lot of Free info here.

tv.adobe.com/watch/getting-started-with-...porting-your-images/
The following user(s) said Thank You: jerry

More
2 years 7 months ago #6061 by jerry
I watched the video, but i still don't understand why my images got put into separate albums. When I import, I want everything thing in 1 album.

More
2 years 7 months ago #6063 by Julie Anne Moore
It is the default setting. To change go to File -> Import Photos and on the right hand side Destination there is a menu for Organize with choices: By date or Into one folder.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: jerry

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #6064 by jerry
ok, thank you very much. How do I keep that setting? Is there a way or do I have to manually do it all the time?

When I deleted my catalouges, it deleted the images from the puter...is there a setting I need to change so it just deletes the catalouge and not the original RAW files that I have in a folder on the desktop?
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by jerry.

More
2 years 7 months ago #6073 by Gregory Cazillo
Make a preset...bottom center of the import window.