Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Making the switch!

Making the switch! 2 years 4 months ago #6158

• Jonathan Barnes
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Full-time musician, part-time photographer
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi folks,

I'm strongly considering making the switch from Aperture to Lightroom ever since the announcement that Apple is going to stop updating Aperture. It seems like a lot of the things are similar and I'm sure I'll be able to pick up fairly quickly, but I'm curious about some things.

Do any of you use Lightroom's built-in lens corrections, and if so, how well do they work? I use PTLens for Aperture at the moment and am very happy with it.

Also, I'm thinking about subscribing to CC so that I could start experimenting with Photoshop as well. The main reasons I'm looking into Photoshop are for focus stacking and for photo stitching for panoramas. Maybe for some HDR as well, but mainly for capturing dynamic range in a more realistic fashion.

I'd love to hear any of your thoughts/experiences, especially those of you familiar with Aperture.

Thanks!

Jon
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Making the switch! 2 years 4 months ago #6160

• jerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 31
That is probably the only reason i pick lightroom over aperture, built in lens correction, but there is a plug-in you can get for aperture, and I guess i should have read more, I also use PTLens, not bad, who knows, maybe the new photo.app for Yosemite will turn out to be more in the future. As far as stitching panos, there are some 3rd party pano software, but having it built into photoshop is easier.

The cloud I beleive you can get photoshop and lightroom for what $10 bucks a month or something like that.

Will I dump Aperture, probably not, atleast till I get better acquainted with lightroom.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan Barnes
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today