Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Creating a duplicate image

Creating a duplicate image 2 years 3 months ago #6202

• jerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 31
Hi, Is there a way to create a duplicate image in lightroom 5? I know there is virtual copy, but from what I understand, that is not a good option. I am working on images for a client and I would like to show them the original and some other edits to give them a choice.

I know i can send the file to photoshop and save it back out, then it will give me another copy, but I want to be able to do it inside lightroom.

Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Creating a duplicate image 2 years 3 months ago #6203

• Luke
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
I don’t know how to duplicate RAW files within Lightroom (other than virtual copies) but if all you want is a Jpeg right click on the file (or selection of files) and click export and then select “export to same folder as original” and “add to catalogue”. This will give you a duplicate file in the same folder that is visible in Lightroom catalogue.

EDIT: If you use the file settings dialog box in the export settings when doing the above, you can set file type to "Original" and it should duplicate the RAW files for you.
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Luke.
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

Creating a duplicate image 2 years 2 months ago #6238

I use virtual copies for this, fyi.