Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: printing

printing 1 year 11 months ago #6360

• Jose Cruz
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
How do you set up a photo to send out for printing after you edit it?What are the settings I should use to get a full print ?I sent out an image to Adoramapix and recieved it with a white border on top and bottom.What is the resolution and ppi,quality settings i need to use to be able to get a full print so i can frame it.Im not an expert in lightroom 5 and need some help.
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Jose Cruz.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

printing 1 year 11 months ago #6364

• Gabe
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
For me, I dont resize my image in Lightroom. I will export at full resolution then resize in Photoshop. I havent noticed any loss of image quality using this method. I know my full res image size is 4x6. Generally, I will double the image size (4x6, 8x12, 16x24, etc). When using Adoramapix, there is an option to "review crop." You have two options. "Full Bleed" which crops part of the image to fit the selected size or "Full Image" which adds the letterbox/boarder to fit the entire image in your selected size. Not sure if this is the "correct" way but it works for me. Hope that helps.
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

printing 1 year 11 months ago #6365

• Jose Cruz
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Thanks Gabe,I was on the phone with a customer rep and went over the settings I should have .I will try it again.

printing 1 year 11 months ago #6366

• jerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 31
For me, I will do my edits, I asked them if I could possible get their ICC profile for their printer, and they gave it to me now edit my images using their profile if i bring photos to them to print. I haven't actually done it yet. If I edit in Lightroom I will export it and crop to the size needed and leave it at 300 ppi. I am not use to Lightroom yet so I always double check my size in photoshop.

printing 1 year 10 months ago #6372

• Brent Ross
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
can you actually do colour space emulation and gamut warnings in lightroom? I don't think so. I have to load the .icc into my NEC monitor to do the emulation when I'm not in PS