Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments (04 Feb 2013)

Be sure to check out the new Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments, every two weeks there is a new one!

cazillo.com/c/forum/keep-shooting-photography-assignments.html

printing

More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #6360 by Jose Cruz
How do you set up a photo to send out for printing after you edit it?What are the settings I should use to get a full print ?I sent out an image to Adoramapix and recieved it with a white border on top and bottom.What is the resolution and ppi,quality settings i need to use to be able to get a full print so i can frame it.Im not an expert in lightroom 5 and need some help.
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Jose Cruz.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #6364 by Gabe
For me, I dont resize my image in Lightroom. I will export at full resolution then resize in Photoshop. I havent noticed any loss of image quality using this method. I know my full res image size is 4x6. Generally, I will double the image size (4x6, 8x12, 16x24, etc). When using Adoramapix, there is an option to "review crop." You have two options. "Full Bleed" which crops part of the image to fit the selected size or "Full Image" which adds the letterbox/boarder to fit the entire image in your selected size. Not sure if this is the "correct" way but it works for me. Hope that helps.

Pickup your Photography Tshirt today
More
2 years 2 months ago #6365 by Jose Cruz
Thanks Gabe,I was on the phone with a customer rep and went over the settings I should have .I will try it again.

More
2 years 2 months ago #6366 by jerry
For me, I will do my edits, I asked them if I could possible get their ICC profile for their printer, and they gave it to me now edit my images using their profile if i bring photos to them to print. I haven't actually done it yet. If I edit in Lightroom I will export it and crop to the size needed and leave it at 300 ppi. I am not use to Lightroom yet so I always double check my size in photoshop.

More
2 years 2 months ago #6372 by Brent Ross
can you actually do colour space emulation and gamut warnings in lightroom? I don't think so. I have to load the .icc into my NEC monitor to do the emulation when I'm not in PS