Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: One thing that drives me nuts with lightroom!!

One thing that drives me nuts with lightroom!! 11 months 1 week ago #6527

• jerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 31
Heres what drives me nuts with lightroom catalogue. When you first install lightroom it asks if you where you want to put the catalogue or if you want to use the default catalogue. When I open lightroom catalogue settings, it somehow switched to a catalogue on the desktop. That is one thing Aperture 3 did much better at. Now when I am done, i'll probably have to uninstall lightroom and re-install to set up that default catalogue again.

I also really don't like the keyboarding set up in lightroom, I wish it were more like Bridge, you can create a list and keep adding to the list wether its a main keyword or sub-keyword. and just put a checkbox by a particular keyword.
Last Edit: 11 months 1 week ago by jerry.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

One thing that drives me nuts with lightroom!! 11 months 6 days ago #6530

You can move the catalog and its cache folders whereever you want. After you move it just double click on the .lrcat file and it will open in the new location. Then make that file the new default in preferences.

Keywording could use some more work. Seems more like an afterthought.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today