Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Print Profiles

Print Profiles 4 years 11 months ago #471

I print through LR using an Epson SP1400 with a CISS system. My main problem is all my images print darker than on screen. I have spent hours with a ColorMunki calibrating monitor and printer (carefully following the instructions before anyone asks) with poor results. I have tried many icc and icm profiles from paper and printer manufacturers and find I’m closest with the profile from the CISS supplier. Is there an inexpensive way of tweaking a profile to save me having to make the screen image wrong to make the print right?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Print Profiles 4 years 11 months ago #473

Have you looked into soft proofing?
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

Re: Print Profiles 4 years 11 months ago #491

Thanks Greg, I have looked into soft proofing, I believe it produces a representation of the printed image on screen using an accurate printer/paper/ink profile to enable adjustment of the soft proofed image to match the screen image before printing. This leaves 2 problems that I can see, firstly I don’t have an accurate profile, and secondly this means quite a labour intensive adjustment of each image to be printed. Perhaps if I noted the changes needed during soft proofing using my most accurate profile I could produce a LR Develop User Preset to quickly adjust the image, and save a snapshot for printing. I would still have to use trial and error and print off and fine-tune the preset until I achieved acceptable results. Different images might need different adjustment though. Unfortunately as a retired UK enthusiast I can’t afford the luxury of print labs. Have I understood it correctly? Any (polite) suggestions gratefully accepted. Please keep up the good work, Thanks a Cazillion

Re: Print Profiles 4 years 11 months ago #492

I would think print labs would be cheaper. My favorite one charges less than $5 for an 8x10 print vs paper, ink & printer. Have you tried printing from different programs, does LR produce different results than PS?