Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: I've asked about this before, still lost somewhat

I've asked about this before, still lost somewhat 10 months 6 days ago #6547

• jerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 31
PPI, Ok, if I open my RAW images in Camera RAW, down at the bottom I can click the RAW preferences to open the preferences dialog box, right now I have it at 300 ppi. For print do I really need it at 300? I know its probably driving Greg nuts to read this. But what is can i put the PPI at and still have quality prints, even at the 16x20 sizes?
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I've asked about this before, still lost somewhat 10 months 6 days ago #6548

Export at original size. The numbers that matter are the width and height in pixels, not the resolution. Does that help?
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

I've asked about this before, still lost somewhat 10 months 5 days ago #6549

• jerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 31
So in reality i could set my camera raw PPI preference to 72, that doesn't matter. But how do i insure my pixels for width and height are enough?'

I changed that preference to 72. I opened up a image and it shows, 3456 pixels wide x 5184 height. Then I crop to a 8x10 and now its 576 px x 720 px.

Whatever I crop down to, do I just go with whatever it gives me no matter what size I crop to?

As you can tell, I have a lot to learn and have been shooting for about 10 years, really not paying attention to the details till now.