Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments (04 Feb 2013)

Be sure to check out the new Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments, every two weeks there is a new one!

cazillo.com/c/forum/keep-shooting-photography-assignments.html

Programs to view RAW other than LR

More
4 years 2 months ago #3210 by Photo Answers Archive
I have LR but sometimes i want to view a RAW file on my pc without opening LR. Is there a free program i can download just to view the photo by double clicking the file? thanks

Account used exclusively for moving questions from Photography Answers section on Cazillo.com.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #3227 by Roy van Ommen
Hi there,

I know there is a (32 bit) program for windows to open Canon RAW files in Windows Viewer. Its a sort of codec which you can install.

Just type in a search on google and i think there will be a couple of programs which can do.

theultralinx.com/2011/08/view-open-raw-f...indows-explorer.html

But! I want to point out that you are shooting RAW for a reason. RAW is an uncompromised, uneddited image which will come straight out of your camera. If you really want to review them first before taking them into post processing, i will suggest that you shoot JPEG & RAW.

Good luck.

Greetings,
Roy

Pickup your Photography Tshirt today
More
4 years 2 months ago #3239 by Photo Answers Archive
Yes! Works with Vista or Windows 7. Microsoft RAW Codec Pack

Account used exclusively for moving questions from Photography Answers section on Cazillo.com.