Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Sloppy Borders

Sloppy Borders 3 years 7 months ago #3966

• jerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 31
I am looking for free software or free actions (for photoshop that create sloppy borders. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sloppy Borders 3 years 6 months ago #4033

• Conor Casey
  • Thank you received: 55
You could try the wonderful Gavin Hoey if you haven't already. He has lots of free downloadable photoshop stuff on his site.

If you haven't heard of Gavin before, you should definitely check him out. He has a youtube channel too with lots of brilliant free content; he's a PS wizard!

Other than that, you could try googling it? :)
Conor Casey
Flickr
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

Sloppy Borders 3 years 6 months ago #4039

• jerry
  • Gold Boarder
I know who he is, I watch his videos on adorama tv. Some good tutorials there also. thanks, I will check it out

Sloppy Borders 3 years 6 months ago #4044

• Conor Casey
That's nice.

Good luck with your continuing search.
Conor Casey
Flickr

Sloppy Borders 3 years 6 months ago #4050

• Erin
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Would his things work on Photoshop Elements 10? That's all I have right now, am going to get Lightroom soon - and I have no idea what "actions" are - I keep hearing about "actions" - and I know nothing at all - so looking forward to trying them out.

Sloppy Borders 3 years 6 months ago #4078

• jerry
  • Gold Boarder
if elements has actions, they i don't see why they wouldn't. Right now I am trying to figure out if I want to use actions, create my own actions or create custom brushes. Also if you goto this website:

www.thedigitalphotographyconnection.com/Store.php

you can purchase sloppy border action sets. But make sure to talk to them and make sure they will work with you software.

As far as actions go, it can make your workflow faster, say if you just want to simply resize a bunch of photos (say 50) you can create an action, then run that action on those folders and it will be done in a matter of 2-4 minutes depending on your computer speed
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by jerry.

Sloppy Borders 3 years 6 months ago #4081

• Conor Casey
Erin wrote:
Would his things work on Photoshop Elements 10? That's all I have right now, am going to get Lightroom soon - and I have no idea what "actions" are - I keep hearing about "actions" - and I know nothing at all - so looking forward to trying them out.
Yes Erin, Gavin's free stuff will work with Elements too. Not so sure whether he actually has any actions, now that I take a closer look but he does have some good free downloads. :)
Conor Casey
Flickr

Sloppy Borders 3 years 6 months ago #4089

• Roy van Ommen
  • Creative minds for all!
  • Thank you received: 86
Gavin is awsome. Had a lot of contact with him and some phonecalls. He is a Photoshop ambassador so yeah, he is very good at Photoshop.

Its definatly worth it to check out his Youtube channel besides the video's he makes for Adorama.

They are worth it :)

Greetings,

(Back from holiday) Roy

Sloppy Borders 3 years 6 months ago #4099

• Conor Casey
Roy van Ommen wrote:
Gavin is awsome. Had a lot of contact with him and some phonecalls. He is a Photoshop ambassador so yeah, he is very good at Photoshop.

Its definatly worth it to check out his Youtube channel besides the video's he makes for Adorama.

They are worth it :)

Greetings,

(Back from holiday) Roy
You've spoken with Gavin himself! :woohoo:

Honestly, he is the best person I've ever come across for Photoshop stuff. There is one other guy who I found was very good for PS stuff also called Martin Evening. He wrote a massive book on CS6 and used to write for an old magazine I used to read. He doesn't have a Youtube channel sadly. :(

Also, welcome back Roy; I was wondering where you had got to. :)
Conor Casey
Flickr

Sloppy Borders 3 years 6 months ago #4100

• Conor Casey
I stand corrected on Martin Evening. Although he doesn't have a Youtube channel, he has done some work for Focal Press.

I haven't watched it as I have literally just discovered it but he was a very good writer for the magazine so I assume this stuff will be good too; might be worth checking out.
Conor Casey
Flickr