Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: Which do you prefer

Onone PerfectBlack&White No votes 0%
Nik Silver Efex 1 50%
Topaz Labs Black & White No votes 0%
Adobe Camera RAW 1 50%
Total number of voters: 2 ( Dave Clarke, Roy van Ommen )
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: Black and White Poll

Black and White Poll 3 years 1 month ago #5220

• jerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 31
I guess I wanted to start a poll on which Black and White Editor you prefer and why?

I like software, but I just can't decide which one of these 4 I prefer, Camera RAW, well in comes with photoshop. But the other 3, I just don't know. I don't think I really need all .
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Black and White Poll 3 years 1 month ago #5221

• Roy van Ommen
  • Creative minds for all!
  • Thank you received: 86
Hi Jerry,

To be honest, i only use Adobe software. And to be more specific, i use Adobe Lightroom for my professional work, as well as for my private work.

In the studio, i have different systems working but all of them are running Adobe Lightroom which is for me the best working software. Wether is tethered or from the SD card.

So thats why i use this software to convert my images to black and white as this software does the trick for me :)

Greetings,
Roy
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

Black and White Poll 3 years 1 month ago #5224

• Gabe
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I agree with Roy, I strictly use LR to convert to black and white. Silver Efex looks interesting but my laptop doesnt have the power to run it smoothly. LR works fine for what I need.

Black and White Poll 3 years 1 month ago #5225

• Luke
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
As with most of my editing I would tend to go black and white in Lightroom. If I wanted to go the extra mile and add more grain I have some semi transparent images that mimic film grain that can be merged with the image in Photoshop, I got them on a CD that came with photographic magazine years ago but I have rarely used them. Although I have to admit that silver efex does look interesting.