Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments (04 Feb 2013)

Be sure to check out the new Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments, every two weeks there is a new one!

cazillo.com/c/forum/keep-shooting-photography-assignments.html

Clean installs on a mac

More
3 years 1 day ago #6128 by jerry
I am NOT tech/computer savvy. My mac is a mid 2011, I have never done a clean install of a new OS. I would like to try but if I mess up, I'm screwed and would have to spend money that I don't have to have it fixed or installed. Is it possible that Yosemite will have an option before installing if you want to do a clean install and it automatically does what it needs to do?

I have researched online on how to do clean installs, doesn't seem to hard, but like i mentioned above, don't want to take any chances.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 18 hours ago #6130 by Brent Ross
tutorial
The following user(s) said Thank You: jerry

Pickup your Photography Tshirt today
More
3 years 17 hours ago #6131 by jerry
ya thanks, i've see this video, I don't have a wired mouse anyway.

More
3 years 15 hours ago #6132 by Brent Ross
just follow it and you are set. I don't think anybody can add to it.

More
2 years 11 months ago #6144 by Gregory Cazillo
You don't have to install via a usb drive if you don't want to, there is an internet installer that will download and install. One question, why not wait until Yosemite comes out to do it?

support.apple.com/kb/PH14243
The following user(s) said Thank You: jerry

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #6146 by jerry
thats what I wanted to do, wait till Yosemite came out. But do I have to have a "wired mouse" or will my wireless till work while doing this?

I seen in the video listed above that I would need a wired mouse as I would have no bluetooth until it is set up.

Do I have to install yosemite, then do it again with the process that Greg listed above?
Last Edit: 2 years 11 months ago by jerry.