Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Editing on an sRGB panel

Editing on an sRGB panel 1 year 8 months ago #6419

• Brent Ross
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
Hey so I've been spoiled and only ever worked on photos on an aRGB monitor. I'll be moving for half a year and wont be bringing my 100lbs NEC monitor with me. I'll probably be working on an sRGB IPS panel.

My question is. If I work in say Prophoto RGB all the colors outside sRGB will be out of gamut for the monitor so what is the point? I may also introduce saturation I cant see. Is it just smarter to work in sRGB mode considering I probably wont need to convert to CMYK later?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Editing on an sRGB panel 1 year 8 months ago #6424

• jerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 31
I've always had that same question, which color space do I use, but i just recently got a rite color munki from B&H, the cheapest model they have and I go with that. I learned that you must have your monitor calibrated. There are units that can calibrate your printer as well. Its the only way to have true colors or close to it
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

Editing on an sRGB panel 1 year 8 months ago #6425

• Brent Ross
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
I just think if your monitor is sRGB, editing in a wide gamut colour space would be like a colour blind person editing a full colour image.