Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Doc Cheng Portrait! and Bokeh! LOL

Doc Cheng Portrait! and Bokeh! LOL 4 years 8 months ago #1261

• Christian Udarbe
  • Gold Boarder
  • Just go out and shoot
  • Thank you received: 12
This is a photo of Dr. "Cheng" Canono, a former classmate of my sis in med school and currently a co-resident of my sis in the Dept of Internal Medicine.

She was taking down notes in their department meeting where I was invited to be their photographer for; she was really into taking down notes and I couldn't resist taking a shot of her.

Here it is:

The key to success is to focus our conscious mind on things we desire, not things we fear by Bright Ideas with Chan Udarbe, on Flickr

Shooting Information:

Nikon D5000
Sigma 30mm f/1.4
Aperture Priority
1/60th @ f/2
ISO 1000
Flash Not Fired

Post Processing Information:

Adobe Lightroom 3
Not Cropped

I like the shot a lot, but the colors might be too saturated or something along those lines. Tell me what do you guys think! Always best to have opinion from others and learn from them :)

Keep shooting fellow Cazillions!

A medical student;
A musician;
A photographer;
ITS ALL AN ART

Blogger
Facebook
Flickr
Twitter: @ChanUdarbe

Add me up!
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Christian Udarbe. Reason: I forgot to include shooting and P/P info lol
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Doc Cheng Portrait! and Bokeh! LOL 4 years 8 months ago #1272

• Clair
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
To be honest the pic doesn't do much for me, if you hadn't said she was taking down notes I'd never have known..just looks like any snap shot of a girl, it has no context.

sorry to be harsh Christian..
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

Re: Doc Cheng Portrait! and Bokeh! LOL 4 years 8 months ago #1274

• Pat Belisle
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I have to say that I agree with Clair. There is two things I like about a picture:

1: Being amazed by the content, the composition and the subject. i like to learn something by looking at the picture.
2: Feeling included, touched by the picture...having an emotion.

To me the picture doesn't achieve one of the two. It is sharp and exposed correctly. The bokeh is there but it doesn't mean anything, it just cut from the context...so does the framing...You could have shot it from in front of her, frame it so that we see what she does...

Sorry for being honnest...don't hesitate to critique my pictures too...

Re: Doc Cheng Portrait! and Bokeh! LOL 4 years 8 months ago #1275

• Christian Udarbe
  • Gold Boarder
  • Just go out and shoot
  • Thank you received: 12
No prob about the harshness! LOL Always good to have a mix of good comments and bad comments; that way I can learn and improve my shots as I intend :)

Now when another chance like this arises, I will try fill more of the subject's action to give more of a story.

Any more comments are absolutely welcomed! Definitely would help me improve my shooting ;)

A medical student;
A musician;
A photographer;
ITS ALL AN ART

Blogger
Facebook
Flickr
Twitter: @ChanUdarbe

Add me up!