Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Consistency

Consistency 4 years 3 weeks ago #2456

This website is for mugshots of four different counties www.tampabay.com/mugshots/

When you scroll through one group of pictures stand out because of sharpness, white-balance and just overall quality. Since the pictures are obviously taken by different individuals at different times, how can they maintain such consistency.

I am a relative newbie but I was struck by the quality of these pictures.

Thanks,
larrywilk
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Consistency 4 years 2 weeks ago #2464

• Roy van Ommen
  • Creative minds for all!
  • Thank you received: 86
Hi there,

Welcome to the forum.

When i click your link, i get to a site full of criminals. I think something went wrong or this is just spam..

Greetings,
Roy
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

Re: Consistency 4 years 2 weeks ago #2466

No, the link is correct. It is a site of mugshots. My question is why does one group (Pasco County) have such consistency in good quality pictures and the others do not.

They are taken at different times by different people but they maintain the same consistency. You may have to scroll through some pages but the Pasco photos will jump off the page when you see them.

I have tried to figure if it is the watermark, smaller aperture, lighting or a combination of all these. As a newbie, I was surprised when I saw where these pictures cane from and want to understand how they were taken.

I believe all four counties use similar cameras and so on, but was unable to get any EXIF(?) info.

Thank you for your time and any assistance you can manage,
Larry Wilkerson

Re: Consistency 4 years 2 weeks ago #2470

Its all about consistent lighting and exposure. Its actually quite easy especially in the studio.

Re: Consistency 4 years 2 weeks ago #2473

• Roy van Ommen
  • Creative minds for all!
  • Thank you received: 86
Gregory Cazillo wrote:
Its all about consistent lighting and exposure. Its actually quite easy especially in the studio.

Yes, if the camera is on a tripod, the lights are on the same place and the place of the subject is on the same place, you can almost altimes have the same settings in camera...

Because of you are using light strobes to light your subject, you can direct the light the way you want. If you've got a correct setting, you can stay at that setting for ages and every image will come out the same.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Larry Wilkerson