Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments (04 Feb 2013)

Be sure to check out the new Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments, every two weeks there is a new one!

cazillo.com/c/forum/keep-shooting-photography-assignments.html

Some photos for critique!

More
4 years 3 months ago #3904 by Richard
I'm on several forums but don't get a great deal of critiques. I would love for some constructive critiques that would help. Thank you!

This is my son at the park with no flashes.
ISO320
70-300mm@95mm
f/6.3
160th sec

Boy smiling in Park by RichardsPictures01 , on Flickr

A session with one flash on camera left.
ISO100
70-300@165mm
f/5
200th sec

Man pose near wall by RichardsPictures01 , on Flickr

Session downtown. Flash on camera left.
ISO640
50mm 1.8d prime
f/9
320th sec

Boy street pole pose by RichardsPictures01 , on Flickr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #3928 by Tim Shrimpton
Your son has awesome eyes. I think the only change I would make to that photo would be having him make eye contact with the camera to really liven up the image. But, being a Dad myself, I know that's far easier said than done. ;)

Pickup your Photography Tshirt today
More
4 years 3 months ago #3977 by jerry
I think the top one could use some cropping to turn it into a portriat style shot. The 2nd one, I think you should have had more space on the left rather than the right, the last one, maybe a little more dof..maybe not. overall, nice work

More
4 years 3 months ago #3979 by Erin
I think they look great! I think the top photo needs a boost of something - not sure if it's color or sharpness - but I love every photo that you posted and I love that you posted your camera settings!

More
4 years 3 months ago #3980 by Richard
Thanks everyone! I post the settings because a different forum that I'm apart of requires it. Plus, it allows people to see a little more into what kind of light I was shooting in etc. I've learned a lot off of people's settings. I'm looking at doing some stock photography so that's why I left that top one as a landscape. I would have shot that portrait style any other time for sure. The second one does need some space in it. I could have pulled back a bit more. The frame may end up covering some of his arm and hand up..... The third, I think, could be warmed up a bit. His skin colour looks too cool.