Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Surprising copyright protection at local printer.

Surprising copyright protection at local printer. 3 years 6 months ago #4161

• Jim St Croix
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Hi,
Just shot my nephews grad weekend. I processed some photos for his Mom and Grandma in lightroom so they could get them printed. Loaded them on a flash drive and said have fun. When they went to get them printed, the print shop was hesitant about doing it as they didn't have a release form from the photographer(me). They were actually protecting my copyright!(and making me feel good about my work at the same time, as this is the first time my work was seen as done by a photographer).
I am going to talk to the owner on Tuesday to tell him "well done" with his staff and protecting photographers rights.
Also thanks to Greg for having an infectious love for photogaphy and showing what works and cutting the bs off the rest.

P.s. Had to phone in and tell them it was ok.(luckily my exif data has copyright info on it. It helped that they also knew me there)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Surprising copyright protection at local printer. 3 years 6 months ago #4163

• Roy van Ommen
  • Creative minds for all!
  • Thank you received: 86
Well, i have to say that this is really, really good and that guy who said that deserves a medal.

This is for you a moment to make your work more professional and write a certificate that the owner of the image is allowed to replicate them... So they can hand that over to the print shop.

With your phone number and so on that if there are questions about it, they can call you.

Good one!

Greetings,
Roy
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

Surprising copyright protection at local printer. 3 years 6 months ago #4167

I had this happen when a client was uploading images from a 5k run onto snapfish. Since the images had the Copyright flag in the metadata it threw an error and prevented her from printing until I sent a 'letter'. Obviously it wouldn't stop a photographer but for people who don't know better its a step in the right direction.