Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Wedding photography--Formal poses

Wedding photography--Formal poses 3 years 4 months ago #4714

• Eric
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Greg,

I recently came across your site and youtube videos and really appreciate all the great info you offer to the photographer community. THANK YOU!

One question I have, I've been shooting several years as a hobby and transitioning into professional work. I have my first wedding in Sept (for a friend, but paid).

I've done quite a bit of research but one thing I'm still a little unsure of is posing. How do you develop a repertoire of nice poses for all the formal shots--bride, groom, bridesmaids, groomsmen, family, etc?

I've done very little directing in my photography and want to be comfortable knowing what I want to create in each of these shots with variation. There seem to be a lot of details to think about--bend your knee, lean on your back foot, hand here, shoulders there, head this way, etc. Feels a bit overwhelming without experience and yet I know they're looking to me for direction.

Any good advice on this? If you've already covered this somewhere, just let me know where to look.

Thanks!

Eric

PS - any feedback on my site as a new pro (probie are you calling it) would be appreciated if you have the time.
www.ericgrahamphotography.com/
Last Edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Eric. Reason: Added a bit and cleaned up
The administrator has disabled public write access.