Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Looking for thoughts on these

Looking for thoughts on these 2 years 9 months ago #5586

• Mike
  • Fresh Boarder
_MDA9348smlwm.jpg

_MDA9354smlwm.jpg

I'll say hi as this is my first post on here, I recently had to get some shots of a Heavy Metal DJ and I wanted to do more of an environmental style portrait that puts some context into the portrait so I chose to shoot him in one of the studios at the radio station he works at. The first shot was quite a simple shot of him relaxing in the studio with a single flash to camera right but then I wanted to change it up a bit and because of the heavy metal thing I wanted to give him a more menacing look so placed a bare flash on the floor in front of him directly up into his face and got him to give me a meaner look with the 'horns'. What are your thoughts critique and which of the shots do you think works best ?
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Mike. Reason: add files
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Looking for thoughts on these 2 years 9 months ago #5595

• jerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 31
Welome to the forum, i pretty much like em both, but the bottom has a bit more contrast in the face but at the same time the blacks have no detail (shirt, window) and probably would not look good if printed. Then theres that white area by his ear which i'm guessing is the flash unit. Again, I think I like the contrast in the face on the bottom image more and i think the top has better tonal range
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

Looking for thoughts on these 2 years 9 months ago #5604

• Brent Ross
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
I'd say just watch out for harsh shadows on the background equipment