Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments (04 Feb 2013)

Be sure to check out the new Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments, every two weeks there is a new one!

cazillo.com/c/forum/keep-shooting-photography-assignments.html

Recent Concert Shoot...

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #1045 by Scott St.Cyr
I recently had the opportunity to shoot The Guess Who and Blood, Sweat, and Tears at a local venue. I'm very pleased with my results, especially in such a challenging situation. What a great concert! Please give your feedback, good or bad. I want to get an idea of "where I'm at" with my concert photography. We all know our friends tell us that everything we shoot is awesome, but I wanted to get more of an un-biased opinion from you guys and gals here.

Thanks!

You can check out the sets on my Flickr page here.

The Guess Who
www.flickr.com//photos/rawsh00ter/sets/72157629239701385/show/

Blood, Sweat, and Tears
www.flickr.com//photos/rawsh00ter/sets/72157629193873985/show/

Scott
Last Edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Scott St.Cyr.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #1047 by Tim March
I've never actually shot a concert so I don't think it's right for me to really critique these images. However, I can say that I like them and your images are a good representation of the scene. The processing isn't overdone and everything looks good and sharp.

Canon T2i (550d) 24-70 f/2.8L, 50 f/1.8
500px.com/TimMarch

Pickup your Photography Tshirt today
More
5 years 1 month ago #1049 by Scott St.Cyr
Thanks for the kind words. I'm looking forward to shooting more concerts in the near future as well.

Thanks!

More
5 years 1 month ago #1050 by Conor Casey
I also have never shot a concert but I too really like this set of the images.

You managed to capture really natural images of the band in their own environment, doing what they love. I like them because they are not posed, but genuine images if you know what I mean?

Pretty much all of them are really well composed and I think you have gotten the processing spot on. I know in situations like this, it can be tempting to be heavy handed with the processing and you end up with unrealistic, and quite frankly, strange images. You have gotten it just right. :)

Overall, I think it is a winning set of images for you to be proud of. Well done. :)

Conor Casey
Flickr

More
4 years 9 months ago #1522 by dave seymour
wow great shots man !
I did a heavy metal band last year, the lighting made it difficult plus they were jumping all around the stage like headless chickins lol. even shouted at the lead singer to stand the fuck still !!
yours are well sharp. might go and delete mine now ha

7D. 24-105L.
50mm f1.8
100-400 f4.5.6 IS
430exii.

More
4 years 9 months ago #1526 by Gregory Cazillo
Nice job.