Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Shooting a low light production in church

Shooting a low light production in church 4 years 5 days ago #2506

Hi, I'm shooting a production in church with low light. I useing my D300 Nikon with a Nikon 70-200mm 2.8 vr lens.Need a little help with ISO and shutter speed. I'm thinking 1/60th or 1/50th but the ISO is thowing me for a loop, need input Thanks
Norman
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Shooting a low light production in church 4 years 5 days ago #2508

• Roy van Ommen
  • Creative minds for all!
  • Thank you received: 86
Norman Morrison wrote:
Hi, I'm shooting a production in church with low light. I useing my D300 Nikon with a Nikon 70-200mm 2.8 vr lens.Need a little help with ISO and shutter speed. I'm thinking 1/60th or 1/50th but the ISO is thowing me for a loop, need input Thanks
Norman

Hi there Norman! And welcome to the Cazillo Forums!

For your question, wow! i mean, it really depends on what kinds of light you are getting. You need to sort out what you camera can do at what ISO ranges. What is useable for your kind of printing or usage?

If you are planning on going full ress billboard shots, i won't go too high on your ISO, but for small prints or for on websites you can push it up a little.

And your shutter speeds, yes, it depends on what ISO you are using and what light you get on your lense...

Try it out. Maybe try and error will get you to the point of nailing down the settings if you are having some trouble with finding the right settings...

Maybe you can enter the church alone and take some shots at different value's to determine which settings are the best ;) You can learn from that too!

And the last thing which can help you a little as indication, Full auto with a ISO max of, lets say, ISO 800. The camera will search the settings to get a "proper" exposed image. Maybe that can get you on the right track ;)

Good luck, and let us know!

Greetings,
Roy
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

Shooting a low light production in church 4 years 4 days ago #2511

• Bill
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
hello!

church lighting is so much fun!! What are you going to be shooting? is there going to be a lot of movement?

here is a video from Greg on Exposure, it might answer your questions: