Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Horse Event

Horse Event 3 years 7 months ago #3806

I am very excite to get another chance to photograph cattle penning. I am hoping that this year I can actually sell some photos from the event.

Here are two of my albums from 2010 and 2011, sorry they are on facebook not Flickr (I missed last year).

I believe that I have improved my photography and I am excited to try out my new Nikon 80-200mm f/2.8.

My question is how to go about shooting this type of event, so that I get the photos that people are interested in, and how best to offer them to the participants?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Horse Event 3 years 7 months ago #3835

I'd like to see you do tighter shots of both the people and the animals. As for selling the photos I recommend Gallery 3.

Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

Horse Event 3 years 7 months ago #3837

Thanks, the last times I was at the clinic I sat on the bleachers and shot. This time I hope to stay right up to the fence and get low so I am shooting up at the horses.

Horse Event 3 years 7 months ago #4030

First day of barrels and poles clinic went okay, other then some issues with the afternoon light and focusing.

Cattle penning clinic and barrel and pole competition.

A couple photos from yesterday:

Horse Event 3 years 7 months ago #4041

Well it is over; 3 days of fun taking pictures, getting a dark tan, and getting both myself and my camera very dusky.

I definitely see some things that I did wrong and need to do different; however, all and all I had fun.

I will share some more photos latter.

Horse Event 3 years 6 months ago #4261

Well here are the results from my photo shoot. Took me two weeks to get the photos shorted and online.

Some of them are not the greatest focus or composition, and lighting and dust were my other problem.

Horse Event 3 years 6 months ago #4263

Overall I think you did a good job, I wouldn't worry about the dust in the photos it adds to the ambiance!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Martina Fagan