Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments (04 Feb 2013)

Be sure to check out the new Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments, every two weeks there is a new one!

cazillo.com/c/forum/keep-shooting-photography-assignments.html

team photo

More
3 years 3 months ago #5887 by Jose Cruz
what lens would be ideal for a team photo with about 15 players?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #5888 by Brent Ross
I'd imagine a 24 - 70 and a step ladder
anything wider my cause quite a bit of barrel distortion from only a short distance away

I've shot some group photos at 14-24 from about 4-7m away and there was a lot of work getting rid of distortion
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Brent Ross.

Pickup your Photography Tshirt today
More
3 years 3 months ago #5890 by jerry
I would think any lens would work as long as you can find that sweet spot to minimize distortions as Brent mentioned. If you can afford a higher end lens you have plenty of options. I believe with my 18-55mm I have a smaller amount of distortion at 50mm. I wouldn't use that anyway, but just saying. I can't afford top of the line or even mid level lenses, so I have to use what I got.

More
3 years 3 months ago #5893 by Brent Ross
yeah an 18-55 would be fine as jerry says. You cant shoot fast with a group because you need deep DoF. So youll be shooting more around f6.3 - f11 ish

I would be more worried about light and flash

More
3 years 3 months ago #5902 by Gregory Cazillo

Brent Ross wrote: yeah an 18-55 would be fine as jerry says. You cant shoot fast with a group because you need deep DoF. So youll be shooting more around f6.3 - f11 ish

I would be more worried about light and flash

Agreed.