Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Flash won't fire

Flash won't fire 4 years 2 months ago #2355

• Luis
  • Fresh Boarder
Good evening everyone. My name is Luis, and I am new to this forum. I hope someone out there can help.

I was photographing a wedding this evening using the Nikon D300 and the SB800, which was attached to a Yongnuo battery pack. I had the cord from the battery pack attached to the front of the SB800 and to the side of the SB800 as well. When I did this, the light on the pack lit up. When the cord was not attached to the side of the flash, the little light did not light up. Anyway, everything was going well until the flash stopped firing. I turned off the flash and then on again. The control panel works...I see the ISO, the TTL, etc, but when I go to take the photo, no flash...what am I doing wrong? Did I fry my flash? Is this something I should send to Nikon?

Any help will be appreciated.

Luis
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Flash won't fire 4 years 1 month ago #2359

• Bill
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
I would say the 1st step is to disconnect the external pack, load some AA in and see if the flash functions normally.
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

Re: Flash won't fire 4 years 1 month ago #2361

• Luis
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Bill. I already tried that and no luck. I even tried the flash the next day and still no luck.

Re: Flash won't fire 4 years 1 month ago #2393

Usually you only connect external batteries to the front of the SB-800 and AA's in the built in battery holder. It needs both.