Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments (04 Feb 2013)

Be sure to check out the new Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments, every two weeks there is a new one!

cazillo.com/c/forum/keep-shooting-photography-assignments.html

studio lighting

More
4 years 5 months ago #4410 by Brittanie Hall
Hello all,

I am an amatuer photographer and I'm looking to find a 3 point studio lighting kit and diffusers at the lowest rate to build my portrait photo portfolio. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advanced.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #4412 by Erik Ballew
The gear gestapo will be in to tell you to only buy the expensive stuff BUT. I don't see anything wrong with getting stuff like these to learn with.

Linky

I know they will not be as pretty, and I know they will not be as reliable, and I know that they are against everything thought around these places, but it's a good cheap system to learn with.

I saw an Experiment with this gear, and I've used them myself.

Crappy low quality Sony with their plastic 50mm 1.8, with those lights

Low Cost Brolly Box and cheapo light stand.

Produced Images such as

source
Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Erik Ballew.

Pickup your Photography Tshirt today
More
4 years 5 months ago #4424 by Bill
I personally don't care what brand label is on the side of the gear. I try to get the best equipment I can afford at the moment. You can often find good equipment at a resonable price used, sometimes you just need to be a little patient.

More
4 years 5 months ago #4463 by Gregory Cazillo
For a good inexpensive studio light check out Alien Bees.

More
4 years 5 months ago #4471 by Roy van Ommen
Yeah. Alien Bees is awesome. But if you really want something cheap to start with, you can also check out the Falcon Eyes systems.

I know, its not the best, and certainly not the best quality. But it will let you make a start into studio photography :)

Try to get a set with a minimum of 300 w/s so you can light up your subject without using the flashes on full power.