Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Need input/tips

Need input/tips 11 months 3 weeks ago #6517

• jerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 31
I just got a cheap hello mini soft box for my speedlite. I have been working on portraits outside or should I say practicing. I know shutter speed controls background and I have been using high speed sync to darken my backgrounds some. Im not that experienced with flash photography, but when i have a nice rich blue sky, how do i keep it that way? If i get proper exposure on my person/subject, the sky starts turning out to be pale blue.

Yes I am my own test subject, yes I know its out of focus and this and that. I just got down with a 80 hour work week in 6 days and didn't care bout clothing either. But how do i maintain a rich blue sky? Do I have to use off camera flash? as you can see in this image, the sky is very pail
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Need input/tips 10 months 2 weeks ago #6541

• Roy van Ommen
  • Creative minds for all!
  • Thank you received: 86
Jerry,

How do you connect your off camera speedlite? Do you set it off with the on camera flash or with something like a pocketwizard?

Would like to hear from you :)

Greetings,
Roy
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

Need input/tips 10 months 2 weeks ago #6542

• jerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 31
No, i just use my camera as the trigger. I don't have any of that big fancy expensive equipment, as much as I would like to.