Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Playing with flash again

Playing with flash again 11 months 1 week ago #6531

• jerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 31
This time i put on one of those dome diffusers, can only afford the cheap stuff :(
Aperture to f 1.8, ISO 200, Flash power at somewhere between a quarter and half power bouncing off the ceiling. White balance is a tad off yet. Feel free to critique
Attachments:
Last Edit: 11 months 1 week ago by jerry.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Playing with flash again 11 months 6 days ago #6534

I think I would have increased my shutter speed so I had a little less available light. Also a tighter flash pattern would have focused the light on fido rather than the background. Maybe you can DIY it and put some black paper or tape on your el cheapo dome thingy?
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

Playing with flash again 11 months 6 days ago #6535

Another way would be to forget the dome (which really isn't the right tool for this job IMO) and use a bare flash. Set it on a tight zoom pattern on the lowest setting and get it as close as possible. That will keep the light as soft as possible but should still give a tighter pattern.

Playing with flash again 11 months 2 days ago #6536

• jerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 31
I didn't think about a tighter flash pattern, with a 50mm lens and a canon speedlite 430ex ll, can i zoom the flash head more that 50mm, i guess i'll have to check