Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: An idea for a video tutorial

An idea for a video tutorial 8 months 5 days ago #6569

• jerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 31
1 sppedlite, 1 shoot through umbrella and a white and silver sided reflector (i think mine is about 2 feet wide). Im not going to post an image because of how i look..lol..but I've noticed two things in my practice shots at portraits, 1, the reflector is showing in 1 eye and not the other and 2, i still have a somewhat shadow on the nose opposite the umbrella. And maybe how you go about getting your exposure set with the fewest test shots possible. Im a newbie to off camera flash. Do you use a gray card for setting exposure?

I would like to see a video on how you would use this setup.
Last Edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by jerry.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

An idea for a video tutorial 4 months 3 weeks ago #6580

For video tutorials check out Kelby One, by Scott Kelby. He offers dozens, maybe hundreds, of video tutorials on all aspects of photography. They are beyond excellent. There is a cost for membership which is a bargain considering content available. I'm a happy subscriber for several years, now.. I'll bet you find exactly what you want.
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

An idea for a video tutorial 3 months 2 weeks ago #6586

• Roy van Ommen
  • Creative minds for all!
  • Thank you received: 86
I do not agree Tim.

Even though you are posting this on Greg's forum, and i think its not really nice to direct people to other community's, i think that Greg is putting out quality info and that this kind of video request is good for the channel and coming up for ideas.

I am sure Greg will see this Topic, so maybe he will Jerry!

Greetings,
Roy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tim Sullivan

An idea for a video tutorial 3 months 2 weeks ago #6592

Roy, you are right and I was wrong to respond as I did. Being new to Cazillo and the forum I did not realize how much and what kind of content Greg provides. So let me now apologize publicly. I do regret my boneheaded post. Thanks to you for calling me out and thanks to Greg for graciously overlooking my faux pas and helping with my questions. He even addressed my printer query in a Monday video The irony was not lost on me.

An idea for a video tutorial 3 months 2 weeks ago #6593

• Roy van Ommen
  • Creative minds for all!
  • Thank you received: 86
No problem man :)

Have fun on the forums :)