Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Suggestions for children's birthday party

Suggestions for children's birthday party 4 years 1 month ago #2384

I'm kind of a newbie and I'm trying to get into photography. I have my first sort of practice gig at a friend's daughter's birthday party. It's being held at a gymnastics facility. I have a Canon T3i (can't afford much better yet) with a Canon EFS 18-55mm F3.5 - 5.6 lens, a Tamron 75-300mm F4 - 5.6 lens, and a Canon EF 50mm F1.8 lens. I'm trying to figure out a) some ideas for what might be great to take pictures of and b) ideas for what lenses I should focus on for good candid shots and some portraits of the birthday girl. Can anyone give me some advice?

Don
Last Edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Don Jenkins. Reason: More of a forum format to my message now.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Suggestions for children's birthday party 4 years 1 month ago #2387

• Roy van Ommen
  • Creative minds for all!
  • Thank you received: 86
Hi Don!

At firts, welcome to the forum.

Great you are starting photography!

Well, besides of learning your camera, the best way to learn is to check out Greg's video's and other video's on youtube for your foundation.

After that, you will work on trial and error. Try things. Try to create your own style for photography so you know how you would shoot things. Try to check out other photographers and their work and be not afraid to fail. I think i shot a thousand of images before i finaly had a shot which i thought of, yes, this is close to what i want...

So... Thats my vision ;) Feel free to ask!

Greetings
Roy
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

Re: Suggestions for children's birthday party 4 years 1 month ago #2388

The first thing you should start concentrating on is learning your exposures and expressions. Go for the smiles and fun faces.