Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Recomposing, what are my options?

Recomposing, what are my options? 3 years 10 months ago #3196

What is the alternative to recomposing your shot after focussing on a specific part of the frame and moving the camera? I have followed your tip to use spot focus but if i want to have my subject in a particular place, how is this achieved without recomposing?
Account used exclusively for moving questions from Photography Answers section on Cazillo.com.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Recomposing, what are my options? 3 years 10 months ago #3248

I also add that I use a canon 1000d which doesn't have spot metering if this makes a difference?
Account used exclusively for moving questions from Photography Answers section on Cazillo.com.
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

Recomposing, what are my options? 3 years 10 months ago #3249

Using the focus points in the viewfinder. Instead of always relying on the center one with focus and recompose you should be using the others, even if you only have 5 like in some entry level cameras.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jose Cruz

Recomposing, what are my options? 3 years 10 months ago #3250

your metering modes on your camera has nothing to do with the focus modes.

what master greg said is that, when you take your camera in single point focus mode, you can change the focusing points across the view finder with the joystick. please look at gregs RTFM video.

what did you mean "but if i want to have my subject in a particular place, how is this achieved without recomposing?"