Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments (04 Feb 2013)

Be sure to check out the new Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments, every two weeks there is a new one!

cazillo.com/c/forum/keep-shooting-photography-assignments.html

Learning to use natural light to ones advantage

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #3796 by Julie Anne Moore
Hello,

I am new to this site, and found this wonderful community through Gregory Cazillo's youtube videos.

This year I plan to focus on improving my ability to find great natural light. I mainly focus on photographing pets and equine. I shoot with a Nikon d90, 50mm f/1.8, Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6 and my new Nikon 80-200 f/2.8.

How can I learn to work with different natural light situations? I am planning to shoot horse events and pet portraits; however my photography is in consistent when it comes to lighting.

How do I work with what ever available light there is for a given event and find the best time to schedule photo shoots?

At the moment my photos are hit and miss where I get great photos some days and poor quality photos other days, where lighting is my biggest inconsistency.

Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Julie Anne Moore.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.