Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Photographer's Block

photographers block 2 years 11 months ago #5371

• Jose Cruz
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
How do you keep your creativity going?I feel like i have photographers block,Im losing the motivation i once had.It doesnt take much time to take a photo but with other priorities,Im finding it hard to go out and shoot something.Im not sure if its motivation or the cold weather,brrrr.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

photographers block 2 years 11 months ago #5372

• Conor Casey
  • Thank you received: 55
I know the feeling. :P

You could give yourself a specific photography project. Something like going out and allowing yourself to only shoot long exposures or allowing yourself to shoot at only a certain focal length or using those ND Grad filters more often. It can be anything really.

Alternatively, you could try a new genre of photography. If you shoot landscapes all the time, why not give portraits a go? Ever wanted to try macro? Well here is your chance.

Finally, if you have the money, you could hire a new lens for a week and enjoy shooting with that.

There're my suggestions anyway. I understand what it's like though to feel completely blocked creatively and it can be hard to get up and go out to shoot. Hope this helped a little. :)
Conor Casey
Flickr
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jose Cruz
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

photographers block 2 years 11 months ago #5373

• jerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 31
I agree with Connor, try shooting something that you normally wouldn't do.
I have blocks all the time, so to fill those voids i'll watch video tutorials on certain topics to help fill those voids and that maybe inspire me to shoot something. Greg put up a neat assignment, so go shoot that if you haven't.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Conor Casey

photographers block 2 years 11 months ago #5374

• Conor Casey
  • Thank you received: 55
jerry wrote:
I agree with Connor, try shooting something that you normally wouldn't do.
I have blocks all the time, so to fill those voids i'll watch video tutorials on certain topics to help fill those voids and that maybe inspire me to shoot something. Greg put up a neat assignment, so go shoot that if you haven't.
I completely forgot about the Photo assignments on here! :blush: There are lots of them at this stage of the year and you are more than welcome to post your results in the older topics too. By going out and shooting according to just one of these assignments, you will definitely not be short of subjects and will probably improve too. :)
Conor Casey
Flickr

photographers block 2 years 11 months ago #5378

• jerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 31
Perhaps ask someone to give you a photo challenge for a day, or everyday or whatever. Just say hey, I need a challenge, give me a topic/assignment for the day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jose Cruz