Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Printing with Epson Printers Question.

Printing with Epson Printers Question. 1 year 10 months ago #6367

• jerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 31
Gonna try and make a long story short here, but I have a Epson Workforce WF-3520, I have been messing with black and white prints. I couldn't figure why I was always getting a blue tone to my images, finally figured out I was using the wrong ICC profile and am using the cheaper Kodak Glossy paper because of finances. It's just for home printing anyway, but a recent discussion on Linkedin some came up and made me realize that this particular printer doesn't have a Photo Black cartridge. According to a email from Epson themselves, a Photo black cartridge is not required. If you want good/better prints, don't you need a photo black cartridge, especially for black and white prints?

Also what ICC profile should be be editing in? right now I am using sRGB IEc1966-2.1. I had Epson IJ Printer 07, but that gives me a blueish color cast. I also have Epson standard RGB, Epson SRGB. What should I be using?
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by jerry.
The administrator has disabled public write access.