Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Specialization needed?

Specialization needed? 4 years 10 months ago #467

• Olaf Kleemeyer
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
I´m sort of sad about my limited photographical skills and so I´m thinking about concentrating on certain themes (landscape, architecture e. g.) to become better. Who´s made the same experience and can tell me, whether such a self-restriction helps? I´m interested in many things, that´s my "fault".
Thanks for your replies in advance.
Regards Olaf
Nikon D700, Nikkor 24mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Specialization needed? 4 years 10 months ago #474

I don't think so. Consider just shooting more, or planning more advanced shoots that will challenge you. Also be sure you have the basics down 110%.
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

Re: Specialization needed? 4 years 10 months ago #479

• Serdar Dikdik
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I am like you, but these days my interest is long exposure and light painting. No flash or expensive gear needed just a flash light. Check out maybe it interest you as it did to me.

Or the opposite fast shutter ( throwing things to aquarium etc.) photography
Bigger is Better

Re: Specialization needed? 4 years 10 months ago #481

• Christian Udarbe
  • Gold Boarder
  • Just go out and shoot
  • Thank you received: 12
For me, I do different types of photography; I always look for different techniques, learn them, then try them out when such an opportunity arises.

Even if I shoot different style or themes, I have my so-called "forte", in this case, I do feel more comfortable doing portraits, street, and product photography. BUT! That does not limit me to only those styles/themes. I am just more adept to those 3.

I try to expand my knowledge and skills. It may be less "specialized", but life throws you different situations where having to know the right technique to get that moment in time can be such a great tool to have. ;)

A medical student;
A musician;
A photographer;
ITS ALL AN ART

Blogger
Facebook
Flickr
Twitter: @ChanUdarbe

Add me up!