Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Proofs and Albums

Proofs and Albums 4 years 5 months ago #1551

I'm researching proofs and albums and I have a few simple questions because I've never went through the process before.

1. How does proofing websites generally work? Are they like e-stores for photos so the clients can buy from the site? I don't understand anything about them except that they consist of preview images... Also, any recommendations?

2. Who are some good, professional album manufacturers? There's so many and I don't want to sort through 100 questionable ones before I find one I feel confident about. I know Adorama makes them but I don't know if they make quality albums.

-Kenny
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Proofs and Albums 4 years 5 months ago #1552

• Pacman
  • Fresh Boarder
Adorama does good work. depends on what kind of album you want, but I've ordered one of their albums that folds out flat and it looked great. BayPhoto does really good work also. I use instaproofs for proofing and online ordering right now - it's free and they charge a percentage if someone orders off the site -- which you can choose to do or not to do. I see alot of people using the pay per month sites that are nicer, but unless you're making money consistently I would go the cheaper route and get them printed myself...
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

Re: Proofs and Albums 4 years 5 months ago #1555

Thanks Pacman, appreciate it. How do your clients like instaproofs? Have they given any kind of feedback on it?

Re: Proofs and Albums 4 years 5 months ago #1556

I use Miller's Pro Imaging. They are one of the best labs in the country. Great selection of products and services.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jay

Re: Proofs and Albums 4 years 5 months ago #1564

Gregory Cazillo wrote:
I use Miller's Pro Imaging. They are one of the best labs in the country. Great selection of products and services.

Thanks Greg. Is it a pay-per-month site?

Re: Proofs and Albums 4 years 5 months ago #1571

• Clair
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Does anyone know if Adorama send to the UK?

Re: Proofs and Albums 4 years 4 months ago #1659

They have a lot of services, I don't use any pay per month services if they do offer them.

Proofs and Albums 2 years 6 months ago #5912

• Jose Cruz
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I ve been using Snapfish but im not happy with their service,takes forever to get the prints,quality is decent though.Im gonna give Adoramapix a try.Ill also check out Millers pro imaging.

Proofs and Albums 2 years 6 months ago #5985

Consumers may not be able to use Miller's as you must have a biz. Try Mpix.com which is their retail side.