Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: other photographers

other photographers 3 years 11 months ago #2440

• Caleb Stewart
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
How should i "act" or respond when i have other photographers in my area question what i do? It doesn't seem very professional for them to be talkin down about my work when they are full time pros, schedualed out the next 3 years, and i just do it part time. the only reason i charge at all is because i need to recoup some of my cost. It just so happens that my name is getting around and folks are starting to like my work. i do charge considerably less than the other "pros" but my work seems to have just as good or better results. i tend to think they are upset for for reason that i don't charge as much and in my case they probably get more than what they pay for. but how can i justify charging as much when i don't have the experience they do.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: other photographers 3 years 11 months ago #2444

I wouldn't worry about it, just do good work and charge a fair price.
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

Re: other photographers 3 years 11 months ago #2462

• Roy van Ommen
  • Creative minds for all!
  • Thank you received: 86
Hi there Caleb,

Like Greg said, don't worry about it. You are doing your thing and others are doing their work.

As a photographer myself i start sometimes a dialog with fellow photographers to just be nice and ask how they are doing and how the business goes. Its never bad to talk to your colleagues of photography, maybe you can help eachother at some point or maybe not.

When i am very busy, i know someone in town who is also a photographer, and i send the person to him just because i am busy and i want to help the client. And yes, i am sending away a client, but he does the same for me (i know) so yeah.. always handy ;)

So, don't worry about it. You can learn from fellow photographers.. And if you really don't know them.. its not always bad to just show off a little ;);)

Greetings and keep shooting,