Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: A good opportunity.. or not?

A good opportunity.. or not? 3 years 10 months ago #3204

Hi guys.. Here in Brighton (uk) we're having a new viewing wheel built on the seafront, similar to the London eye. the owners are long term friends of ours (they own many attractions & my husband does all their electrical work, including for the wheel itself)...anyway they know I like my photography & they invited my down to take a few 'inside' pictures of the wheel being erected..they liked the pictures I took & have now asked if I would be interested in photographing people as they ride on the wheel (tourist pics)....now although it's lovely that they've asked me is it wise to take on something like this? I will literally be standing there day after day snapping away at grinning tourists! It's not really what a photographer does is it? & I'm not sure it's even a good opportunity to promote my own photography as I wouldn't be ale to advertise or give out business cards....

What are your thoughts?

Clair

xxx
Account used exclusively for moving questions from Photography Answers section on Cazillo.com.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

A good opportunity.. or not? 3 years 9 months ago #3274

get the job,

find a kid
give a camera show him what to do.
share with the kid 50-50 while looking your own business.

wow what a d**k I am.

dont do business with me hahahaha.
Account used exclusively for moving questions from Photography Answers section on Cazillo.com.
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

A good opportunity.. or not? 3 years 9 months ago #3275

If you can make money at it and you want to do it, sure. Otherwise I wouldn't.

A good opportunity.. or not? 3 years 9 months ago #3276

Sounds like you'll just be an employee basically, and you don't sound like you're too terribly excited about it already...If you just wanna make a few bucks then maybe do it, but if you're wanting to develop who you are as a potographer then maybe not...