Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How to deliver images to a client

How to deliver images to a client 3 years 10 months ago #3206

Hi,

I'd like to know what the customary way is to deliver photographs to a client.

Should I burn them on a CD? Or is that too old-fashioned?

And when I don't get to meet the client when the job is done and I have to deliver them digitally, how do i do that? Email certainly won't suffice for that.
Account used exclusively for moving questions from Photography Answers section on Cazillo.com.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How to deliver images to a client 3 years 10 months ago #3272

I do it two ways. One is via a CD or DVD. The other which I do most of the time is to upload the photos temporarily inside of a .zip file on my web server. I upload it via FTP then send the client a link to download. I only leave them up for a few days and warn the client as such. You can write an email on how to download and extract the photos if needed.
Account used exclusively for moving questions from Photography Answers section on Cazillo.com.
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

How to deliver images to a client 3 years 10 months ago #3273

One year ago

I used to attempt to upload them and tell them they could download what they wanted, but always got the response - "it's taking too long...", now I burn them on a dvd, put it in a sleeve and mail them in a bubble wrap mailer. That's worked well for me.