Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Working for a friend

Working for a friend 3 years 9 months ago #3344

Hey Greg,

I wanted to hear your thoughts on what I should do before I completely commit myself to working for a friend. I've been I photographer for 5 years now and I do my own work and I work for a friend who has his own business. We haven't signed a contract or anything. I've worked for him for about a year now. We work well together and everything is great. I'm worried about if it ever were to go wrong, what are my rights. We're doing a bunch of weddings this year and things are getting more involved. Any suggestions as to how to approach the subject of image rights with him and contract details that should be involved?

Thanks, Rob
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Working for a friend 3 years 9 months ago #3385

• Erik Ballew
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 30
Rob Harris wrote:
Hey Greg,

I wanted to hear your thoughts on what I should do before I completely commit myself to working for a friend. I've been I photographer for 5 years now and I do my own work and I work for a friend who has his own business. We haven't signed a contract or anything. I've worked for him for about a year now. We work well together and everything is great. I'm worried about if it ever were to go wrong, what are my rights. We're doing a bunch of weddings this year and things are getting more involved. Any suggestions as to how to approach the subject of image rights with him and contract details that should be involved?

Thanks, Rob

You must get everything out on the table. Communication is key, even more so with friends. Don't for a second think they can read your mind, or allow them to think you can read theirs. Let your friend know EXACTLY what you expect and get him to tell you EXACTLY what he expects, then create a contract.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rob Harris
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today