Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Setting up a Large Portrait Photography business

Setting up a Large Portrait Photography business 2 years 6 months ago #5895

Hi All,

I have been a photography enthusiast for quite a some time and that has led me to create my own home studio with decent equipments.I have been clicking good quality children portraits and some corporate stuff as well. But apart from that I am also an entrepreneur.

I am looking to create a company that franchises portrait photography outlets and makes money by providing standard operating procedures that will insure that even a novice with some elementary training is able to click beautiful family and children portraits. Something in line of PIXI foto or Venture photography.

My advantage is that I am planning to do this in India ( which is a virgin market for this sort of offering), using a company registered in Britain. So a British company tag will render some credibility of quality and processes.

I am looking for suggestions from users of this forum on this idea. Suggestions on who to set up standard training procedures, suggestions on what to have in a business management software, that I would offer to each of my studios.

I am open to idea that interested professional to contribute and be a part of this initiative. My plan is big and I want to make it a success.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Setting up a Large Portrait Photography business 2 years 6 months ago #5904

Interesting idea, I don't know your market but hopefully it will work out for you!

As for training you need people with some artistic ability and creativity. Also people who can 'see the light' just like in this video.

If I were going to do this I would setup a continuing education series, hopefully with my videos in it :). Training materials would need to be comprehensive from beginning to end, from client walking in the door to them leaving with prints and/or digital images in hand.
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

Setting up a Large Portrait Photography business 2 years 6 months ago #5905

Hi Greg,

let me establish the basic business model and then I would like to discuss with you the training aspect of the job and also that how can efficient processes be designed so that intelligent individuals can be trained to deliver good consistent quality baby and family photographs. I would also be looking for inputs and tie ups in the field of setting up multiple studios across an extended geography.

Setting up a Large Portrait Photography business 2 years 6 months ago #5909

• Erik Ballew
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 30
Is this like the portrait studios that used to be in all the big stores? They've all pretty much fizzled out here in America.

Setting up a Large Portrait Photography business 2 years 6 months ago #5910

Hi Erik,

Its in similar lines but the advantage is that in India it will be the first wave of such an offering. I am very sure that in next 5 years it would also fizzle out in India, yet money can be made in these five years.