Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the #Cazillions forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
  • Page:

TOPIC: So... How's everyone doing?

So... How's everyone doing? 4 years 7 months ago #1313

• Christian Udarbe
  • Gold Boarder
  • Just go out and shoot
  • Thank you received: 12
Hey there Cazillions!

I have been quite busy as of late and when I got back, it seems as though everyone else has been just as busy.

If anyone out there takes time to read this... well yeah, as the title indicates... how have you guys been? LOL

There hasn't been much activity in the forums since I last logged in.

Any new gear you look forward to? Any new techniques you are trying to learn?

Since it is summer in this part of the world, I am trying to get some star streak photos since there isn't as much clouds in this season. If you got some tips in taking shots of these in a suburban area, please share.

Well, that's it! LOL

Keep shooting guys and gals!

A medical student;
A musician;
A photographer;
ITS ALL AN ART

Blogger
Facebook
Flickr
Twitter: @ChanUdarbe

Add me up!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: So... How's everyone doing? 4 years 7 months ago #1317

• Clair
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi Christian..

Good to see you back! I've been pretty busy (mainly with Craft work, so not much time to practice photography)but I still try & find time to log on here everyday & It has been REALLY quiet around here..It would be good to get this forum buzzing a bit more, or I think sadly it's going to die a death along with the many other unloved forums out there..

Greg has been making some great videos lately, which I'm sure you've seen, but I do think he needs to have a bit more input in the forum.

Challenges would be great, a general gallery would be great, Critique area etc etc..there's so much more that could be done here.

Clair
xxx
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

Re: So... How's everyone doing? 4 years 7 months ago #1318

• Andrew Olson
  • Senior Boarder
Been busy with school lately, and now with a couple weeks left that is all I will be doing 24/7 for the next two weeks. Getting projects done, pictures to shoot, etc.

I have also been shooting a lot of film (with the Rolleiflex) and and have to make a series of ten silver prints for my final, and mount them, lots of work!

That is what I have been up to.

Andy

Re: So... How's everyone doing? 4 years 7 months ago #1320

Hi Christian,
I'm a noob here and wanted to say welcome back. Photography is a passion that's for sure. Trying to advance my knowledge / career in photography. I love it and look forward to hearing and learning from anyone that has any advice. Keep on shooting and dont look back.

L. Chuck Donohue
Attachments:

Re: So... How's everyone doing? 4 years 7 months ago #1321

• Christian Udarbe
  • Gold Boarder
  • Just go out and shoot
Hi Clair!

Yes, we should try and propose some more activities here; like some weekly themed photo challenges would be a fun way of challenging us in different categories of photography that we otherwise won't even try. Or any user based activities just to keep more members active. :)

Hey there, Andrew!

Nice, just two more weeks of school! Just hang in there! I am currently on my summer vacation and boy is it burning hot here!

Great to hear you shooting film; I have been saying this time and again since I got my dad's Canon AE-1 film SLR to try shooting film, but never really did get to try. Maybe I should look into it now since it's my vacation. :)

Hi Chuck!

Welcome to the forums! It is a tad bit quiet now, but I am sure it will pick up once again! Yes, photography is a passion... you get to take shots of the sides of people or of the world that normally we would take for granted :)

Much like life itself, photography is an ongoing education... it will certainly never stay stagnant and new techniques will certainly rise in the future! And being a part of this forum is certainly a great thing as you will learn those techniques either from one of the members (ask us anything, we are very nice!) or from the man himself, Greg. :)

So welcome again! And enjoy!

A medical student;
A musician;
A photographer;
ITS ALL AN ART

Blogger
Facebook
Flickr

Add me up!

Re: So... How's everyone doing? 4 years 7 months ago #1325

• Conor Casey
  • Thank you received: 55
Hi Christian,

Glad to see you back in action. Sadly, I have been sidelined myself for quite some time now. School has been incredibly busy. On top of that, my precious D90 has been send off to Nikon for repairs after a fall.

I agree with you and Clair that we need to inject a bit of life back into the forums. I hope Greg will help us out. He has been making some sensational videos of late, particularly "Buying The Proper Camera Equipment, Lenses, Flashes & Lighting":

I agree with you Clair that a general gallery and critique area are great ideas and something we desperately need, I think. I also love the idea of photo challenges, perhaps with a specific weekly/monthly/fourth-nightly themes or something like that. Look forward to getting this going if we can. Hope Greg will support us.

In the meantime, I'll wait eagerly for my D90 to return from Nikon, hopefully fixed. Welcome back again Christian.

- Conor.
Conor Casey
Flickr

Re: So... How's everyone doing? 4 years 7 months ago #1331

Busy...

Re: So... How's everyone doing? 4 years 7 months ago #1342

• Tim March
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Been super busy with school this semester, honestly haven't taken a picture with my DSLR since like December and I haven't done any lightroom work since February probably.... However, school is done in 3 days and then I just work a bit during the summer so I'll have plenty of time to take out my camera! and I'll probably be going to Las Vegas in July so I should be able to get some good pictures then.
Canon T2i (550d) 24-70 f/2.8L, 50 f/1.8
500px.com/TimMarch

Re: So... How's everyone doing? 4 years 7 months ago #1365

• Christian Udarbe
  • Gold Boarder
  • Just go out and shoot
So we all were so busy lately LOL

By the 30th I will be on a short vacation on the country side. Hope to get a lot of good shots since there is a local festival going on.

Though I am looking more forward to finding some creepy crawlies there in order to practice some more macro! :lol:

Though I am really scared to death when it comes to spiders... Guess there is no better time to face my fears!

A medical student;
A musician;
A photographer;
ITS ALL AN ART

Blogger
Facebook
Flickr

Add me up!

Re: So... How's everyone doing? 4 years 7 months ago #1369

• Clair
  • Senior Boarder
Christian Udarbe wrote:
I am really scared to death when it comes to spiders...

Me too!

Re: So... How's everyone doing? 4 years 7 months ago #1374

• Tim March
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Haha, i can't handle spiders
Canon T2i (550d) 24-70 f/2.8L, 50 f/1.8
500px.com/TimMarch

Re: So... How's everyone doing? 4 years 7 months ago #1423

• Andrew Olson
  • Senior Boarder
Finally done with school for the summer, yay!

Pretty sure I spent about 40+ hours in the darkroom over the past week, developing, printing and mounting for the final project, ugh. Every time I came out of the darkroom after a long day I would be blinded by the sun almost like a bat lol.

Here is a link to the digital version of my final project, which is street/people on the street scenes of Minneapolis. Shot mainly with my Rolleiflex 2.8E3, although pictures 2,3,6 and 9 were shot with a Hasselblad 500CM.

andrewolson.zenfolio.com/p913931674

The prints themselves are 10X10 on Ilford MGIV RC pearl paper.

Pretty sure my love for film has been escalated to another level after taking this class! Also I have found that the square format really is interesting and I love it. So I will gladly be square lol.

Andy
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Andrew Olson.
  • Page: