Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the #Cazillions forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.

TOPIC: Hello from the UK

Hello from the UK 4 years 3 months ago #2022

• Mark Giblin
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I liked the YouTube video on Lighting and Light in general which is what led me to here.

I agree that light is what makes a picture, sometimes you have to go with what your dealt but if you have the opportunity, use light and especially natural light, go for it. Experiment because you can only learn from mistakes.

Attached is a picture taken with the Nikon not long after I had purchased it.

DSCN0209 by Kino Kitch, on Flickr
I like shooting things, sometimes I will use my camera...
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Mark Giblin. Reason: Add Flickr code
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Hello from the UK 4 years 3 months ago #2027

• Roy van Ommen
  • Creative minds for all!
  • Thank you received: 86
Hi there Mark,

Welcome to the Forum.

Its true. You can learn a lot by trial and error. I have to say, your shot looks very nice.

Light is something we got used to. Everyday there is light. No matter what kind of light. In your image, you created a sort of intrest what kind of light this is. Which is great and which lets me stare some time to your image.

Good job.

Have fun. Go out and shoot. Hope to see some of your images on the forum :)

Greetings,
Roy
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

Re: Hello from the UK 4 years 3 months ago #2032

• Mark Giblin
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I took that shot on my way home from work, at the time I was working as an office administrator for my local council which meant that my day although an earlier start was also an early finish which meant I could capture images like this.

I have tried experimenting with camera settings, find that the CoolPix S2500 that I bought is pretty comprehensive but not as responsive as a semi or pro camera which is what I would love to buy.

So I have to settle for what I have. I am a firm believer that you develop your own style and taste for pictures and do not believe in post editing.

It was a very long time ago that I was introduced to photography by my mums boyfriend who was a keen amateur who had all his own equipment for processing B/W and Colour as well as printing his own and this is where I learned the process from the time you load the roll in to your camera to the finished proofs.

I took this one last night, its a picture of the river trent

DSCN1138b by Kino Kitch, on Flickr
I couldn't wait until the river settled down again to take this shot as a river cruiser had just gone upstream, had I been a couple of minutes earlier then the river was like a mill pond. Arrrgh.

Anyway this is cropped and I like it because of the way the clouds are lit, the sky is blue and orange and the clouds disperse the sun and allow for a nice silhouette style shot whilst some of the sky is still mirrored in the water (although disturbed)

Anyway, my camera is not as sophisticated as the DSLR's on the market but it will have to do for now. Its a Nikon S2500 and as a general purpose al-rounder, it does better than most Digital Cameras.
I like shooting things, sometimes I will use my camera...