Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments (04 Feb 2013)

Be sure to check out the new Keep Shooting! Photography Assignments, every two weeks there is a new one!

cazillo.com/c/forum/keep-shooting-photography-assignments.html

× Welcome to the #Cazillions forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.

Hello from Pittsburgh

More
4 years 5 months ago #2655 by Ryan
Hello all!!!!

I just got my first DSLR a few weeks ago, a Nikon d5100, so im still trying to learn as much as possible. I had taken photography in college, and was using a Canon AE-1, so this is a HUGE change. Besides the kit lens, I just bought the 35mm 1.8 and have been very pleased with the results. Im still trying to get a few things to add to the bag, but my list is quite expensive!

Im hoping to learn as much as I can from everyone, and see where this takes me. I've always enjoyed photography, and I find it to be a great way to relieve the stresses of work. Hopefully down the road, I can turn this hobby into something I can share with others, and possibly make a few extra dollars while doing so!

Im looking forward to reading and discussing!

Thanks!!!
Ryan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #2656 by Ryan
Sorry, I guess I forgot to add what I like!!!!

I do enjoy all aspects of photography, but mostly:

Landscapes/Cityscapes...I live in Pittsburgh, PA...for those who have not seen the city, it is awesome for shooting the downtown area, especially at night...plus there area around 446 bridges(yes I Googled it) in and around Pittsburgh.

Sports...preferably hockey

Abstract stuff
and

Portraits...BUT, im not a big fan of the sit down, look at the camera and smile shots. It looks too unnatural to me. I would prefer to get a natural shot, i.e. shooting the moment, not poses, laughing, not starring into the camera, or getting people in their everyday situations. Just more natural looks.

I also have zero desire to ever shoot a wedding. Not sure why, just does not interest me.

Pickup your Photography Tshirt today
More
4 years 5 months ago #2660 by Gregory Cazillo
Thanks for joining us Ryan!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ryan

More
4 years 5 months ago #2661 by Conor Casey
Welcome to the forums Ryan. You are in the right place here! :)

Conor Casey
Flickr

More
4 years 5 months ago #2668 by Roy van Ommen
Welcome to the forums Ryan!

I am looking forward to your shots! Share them on the forum.. And also check out the assignments! :)

Greetings,
Roy

More
4 years 5 months ago #2669 by KevinA65
Welcome Ryan, Enjoy.