Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the #Cazillions forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.

TOPIC: newby

newby 3 years 10 months ago #2913

• steve
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello, I found your site through a random google search and have spent a few weeks just looking around, watching videos etc.

Last spring I purchased a bundle from Costco that was a Nikon D5100 with two lenses, a Nikon DX 18-55 (3.5 I believe) and a Nikon DX 55-300 zoom - 4.5. Kit came with a simple bag and tips book etc.

Anyway, grew up with parents that years ago competed locally and internationally in camera club competitions. Photography was in the family for sure. As a teenager I had my first starter camera, a Pentax K1000 and had a few lenses and nice flash etc. In my 20's and 30's kids came into life and point and shoot became easier etc.

so now in my mid 40's I have gone back into photography, specifically shooting friends and family in sports action on the lake. Water skiing, wakeboarding and hydrofoiling.

Looking to improve shot taking, as well as post processing (no skills here).

I maintain a site : blmeanie.weebly.com/bluemedia.html

Will try to be active here and learn as I go.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

newby 3 years 10 months ago #2914

• Conor Casey
  • Thank you received: 55
Hi Steve, welcome to our growing forum. :)
Conor Casey
Flickr
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

newby 3 years 10 months ago #2922

• steve
  • Fresh Boarder
thanks for the welcome, looking forward to learning post processing techniques, seems most use lightroom, I don't have it, not opposed to getting additional software but do have gimp and have been teaching myself that. Also use the viewNX2 that came with the camera.

The two photos I attached, one was the jpg pulled off (have since changed to RAW) and the other was brightened/colored up a little in gimp

thoughts?
Attachments:

newby 3 years 10 months ago #2937

• Bill
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Welcome to the party :D!

newby 3 years 10 months ago #2946

• Greg S
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Pro-thusiast photographer in SW Connecticut specializing in youth sports, landscapes, portraiture and pet photography. Principal photographer for Trinity College Bantams Football, Masuk High Shool Cheer.
Welcome!!!
wishing you the best in your journey into "Togdom"

I'd say watching 1 Greg Cazillo Video a week from the Archives as on-going "training" to be a GREAT primer on how to improve technique.

Like the man says--- Keep Shooting.
Greg
We are Sandy Hook and We CHOOSE Love..

newby 3 years 10 months ago #2947

• Greg S
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Pro-thusiast photographer in SW Connecticut specializing in youth sports, landscapes, portraiture and pet photography. Principal photographer for Trinity College Bantams Football, Masuk High Shool Cheer.
BTW - if can't afford lightroom and you have Ubuntu or MacOSX check out a free program called Darktable.
eeeeerrily similar to lightroom.. I've used both.
We are Sandy Hook and We CHOOSE Love..

newby 3 years 10 months ago #2974

• Roy van Ommen
  • Creative minds for all!
  • Thank you received: 86
Hi there! A tad late but welcome to the forums :)

There are some options to roll into post processing. Adobe Lightroom will be the way to go in my opinion. They dropped prices by the way.

There is some software availble for free or a small price, but i think you will have to upgrade sometime to Lightroom...

Greetings,
Roy