Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the #Cazillions forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.

TOPIC: Hello From Pottsville, PA

Hello From Pottsville, PA 3 years 9 months ago #2951

• AJ Mitchell
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello All !!

I am AJ, I have been watching Greg's videos now for sometime trying to learn as much as I can about taking better photos.

My passions are Firefighting, Art, ( both computer based and traditional drawing ) and Photography. I'm a lieutenant with a TDA ladder company in an all volunteer city fire department.

I currently use a Fuji s5200 that I have for many years, and am looking to purchase a Nikon D7000 as soon as the funds and wife will allow me too.. If you would like to know anything else... Just ask...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hello From Pottsville, PA 3 years 9 months ago #2956

• Greg S
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Pro-thusiast photographer in SW Connecticut specializing in youth sports, landscapes, portraiture and pet photography. Principal photographer for Trinity College Bantams Football, Masuk High Shool Cheer.
Welcome AJ!

I had to reply, I shot for a LONG time on the s5200 and its a great cam for what it is... I still use it when i go kayaking because I won't cry if it ends up taking a swim...

I now have the d7000 and its quite the camera! You choose wisely.

I will say, IF you find the funds remain tight, my first DSLR was a d90 and it is a great starter camera. It would give you plenty to work on and plenty of range.

AND farther down on the "way-cheap spectrum" I think you could do a lot worse than a d40. probably find one of those for less than $200

I buy used from and Adorama.. never any issues with either.

Good luck in your search and welcome to the party!
We are Sandy Hook and We CHOOSE Love..
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today