Get Your FREE copy of Top 10 Tips for All Beginning Photographers ...plus Lightroom Develop Presets & Wedding Photography Checklist!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the #Cazillions forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.

TOPIC: Lightroom 4 keeps corrupting files

Lightroom 4 keeps corrupting files 3 years 9 months ago #3380

So i've been using lightroom for a while with no problem at all. Just tried to import a new collection of photos and importing straight from Memory card through lightroom and almost instantly some of the files go corrupt. I have attached a file of how exactly they are corrupt.

After a quick google search i saw some solved the same problem with copying to the computer hard drive before importing to light room. This seemed to stop the problem to a degree but not completely as a few photos keep doing it. After transferring to the hard drive first the photo's seem to be fine in light room as a thumbnail until i either hover the mouse over them or select them, then they'll corrupt.

Is this a hard drive/RAM/Lightroom problem?

when the files corrupt in lightroom the original files remain intact.

Cheers guys,

Ben
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lightroom 4 keeps corrupting files 3 years 9 months ago #3381

• Bill
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Are you getting any specific errors? if so which ones? Has it always done that since you installed it or is it a recent problem? If it is a recent problem what has changed? Lightroom or computer updates?
Pickup your Photography Tshirt today

Lightroom 4 keeps corrupting files 3 years 9 months ago #3386

It's been fine since i installed it about 3 months ago until today.
My computer did update something on it's RAW reading capability but like i say in my computer files in finder the files are fine, only in light room do they corrupt.
I cant see any pattern to the way they corrupt, colours are just randomly skewed

Lightroom 4 keeps corrupting files 3 years 9 months ago #3387

Hopefully this shows the errors
Attachments:

Lightroom 4 keeps corrupting files 3 years 9 months ago #3389

• Bill
  • Gold Boarder
WOW! that's pretty crazy! Since it's only happened since the update, I would try uninstalling that update and see if it resolves the issue. If it does resolve the issue then try to find out what the update was and if you actually need it. If it's needed I would check with Adobe to see if others are having the issue and if there is an update or patch that they have.

Lightroom 4 keeps corrupting files 3 years 8 months ago #3439

I havent updated lightroom so that cant be it.
At the moment, transferring through the camera cable (not a card reader), straight onto my hard drive and then importing into light room seems to be working however i'm still worried about wiping my SD card in case photo's corrupt again!

Lightroom 4 keeps corrupting files 3 years 8 months ago #3442

fyi I never use LR to import from my cards, I always copy through explorer/finder then import photos. Try that and see if it will help...

Lightroom 4 keeps corrupting files 3 years 8 months ago #3445

• Bill
  • Gold Boarder
If you really want to import through LR I would suggest contacting Adobe about the issue.

Lightroom 4 keeps corrupting files 3 years 8 months ago #3447

Cheers guys, transferring through finder first then importing to LR seems to be working so i'll have to get into the habit of doing that from now on!